Welcome to Literacy Volunteers of Harrison County
LVHC is a non-profit organization serving Harrison County West Virginia. We offer free and confidential tutoring to all ages pre-K through adult. We do not discriminate due to gender, race, ethnicity, or economic status. All of our services are free. We encourage you to get involved and help others improve their literacy skills.
Literacy Volunteers of Harrison County Inc.
Partners with Proliteracy of West Virginia
- 10% of our population (123,622 people) had less than a 9th grade education (2000 census).
- Approximately 9,700 adults in Harrison County need help to complete an employment application, follow written instructions, or read a local newspaper.
- Approximately 12,800 adults would require a higher level of literacy to function effectively in society, find employment, or be trained for new jobs as the workplace changes.
- Many children and teens are struggling to keep up with their peers in reading and math classes.
- Helping adults with their basic skills can help solve many of West Virginia's economic and social problems. A person's chance of finding employment increases with improved reading skills. This, in turn, improves his/her ability to support a family.
Contact Us @ email@example.com
PH: 624-0533 We're Located at
Tutoring is by appointment per tutor availability.
Keep in mind that our tutors are volunteers. We can always utilize more tutors.
FREE Homework Help
Nutter Fort Intermediate
Tuesdays, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Thursdays, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
Homework Help follows the Harrison County Schools Calendar. If there is no school, or an early dismissal, there will be no tutoring assistance that day
Our services are FREE, however we appreciate and accept financial contributions as well as other donations that we could use in assisting us to provide service to the community .
LVHC Office Hours
Monday thru Thursday
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Our office is CLOSED on Fridays and Holidays.